Thursday, April 19, 2007

 

Homework due Monday, April 23

Yesterday we watched the Muhammad Yunus video from the New Heroes Series. I passed out two articles, one's an interview about Yunus. The article is a good model of hos to write a profile about your entrepreneur. I told students that the problem/solution organizing pattern is a good way to proceed. The assignment sheet lists the questions I'd like answered in the essay.

If you choose an entrepreneur you had the additional task of convincing me that there were no social entrepreneurs which interested you that's why you chose lets say, Bill Gates as opposed to someone here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some students have compelling reasons, others are just for want of a better word, lazy. These essays which are not fulfilling the assignment are already at a disadvantage and will be scrutinized more closely. If you read the assignment. I had a reason for phasing the assignment the way I did. The purpose is missed entirely if you do not follow it to the letter.

In WWT read pp. 193-197, and 198-205. Answer all questions. We reviewed topical invention and answered questions in the 1-3 p.m. class about Muhammad Yunus: What was the problem? What was his solution? Assess its success.

The final draft is due Wednesday, May 2. You will e-mail them to me by 10 a.m. or
1 p.m. (It depends on what time your section meets.) Bring the drafts in so I can see them that day and check them off. Late papers will be marked down an entire grade. A late paper is one submitted after 10 a.m. or 1 p.m.

Between drafts 2-3 go to the Writing Center (L-234) and have a graduate student tutor or teacher review your essay. There are no exceptions. Show them the assignment and prepare a list of 3-5 questions for them to respond to.

Here are some suggestions:
1.Is my thesis strong and well-developed?

2 Do I clearly state the problem?

3.Are you clear on what spurred my subject to start the project, who the target population is and what the measurable or tangible results were?

4.Is my evidence sufficient and clear?

5.Are there any areas of my essay where the grammatical error interfere with the meaning?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?