Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

Final Class

Today, not many students showed up for either section, so in the first section the four of us read the essay on Mothers-in-law (Classification) and the essay on Spanglish (Definition). We also looked at the chapters on revision strategies and the last chapter on Argument.

We discussed the final topic on Frankenstein: What's Love Got to Do with It? For the afternoon class, the few students who came by the Writing Center worked on their portfolio essays. The finals' schedule is below, along with the check-list.

Extra Help
I am going to be available for a study session on Monday, May 21 from 12 noon to about 2 for those students who want to have me look over their portfolios. I'll be in the Writing Center. The door will be unlocked, so come in. I will be finishing up the English 201 10-12 class final.

Remember, your portfolio is due as a electronic file on a CD or diskette Wednesday, May 23 by 2 p.m. I will be giving a final from 12 noon to 2 p.m. in the Writing Center. I gave students diskettes today in the afternoon class. If you need one, I'll be in my office tomorrow: 10-12.

Presentations
Please prepare an abstract answering the following questions: What is the problem your social entrepreneur identified? Why did s/he care--were they a part of the effected community? What was the solution s/he developed? What are some of the measurable results?

Don't forget to include your name. Please bring 10 copies. If you want me to make copies, email this to me by Friday, May 18.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?