Friday, February 26, 2010

 

Love Presentations




















Comments:
Sodchimeg Ulziiutas
Professor Wanda Sabir
English 201A M,W 10:00-11:50
24 February 2010
Cyber-Assignment “Love”

I choose an article “What I know for sure” form the Oprah magazine and wanted to share with you all, because this article gives important message about “agape” love.
In this article Oprah tells how she 3rd grader, learned the Golden Rule:”Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. She wrote them on everything and carried them around.
At one point, she thought she was going to be a missionary. Every Sunday, she goes to church, take out a notepad and write down everything the minister said. At the school the next day, she would recite the sermon on the playground. Her classmates called her preacher. She was 8 years old at the time.
When the Church was trying to raise money for the poor children of Costa Rica, she started a campaign. She was going to collect more money than anyone else. She give up her lunch money and convinced the other kids on the playground to do same. It was all part of the principle of “Do unto others” that she lived by.
Now she knows that you receive form the world what you give to the world. All of your actions, both good and bad, come back to you as physic’s law of motion: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
She is trying to do well and be well with everyone. Oprah says: “I make sure to use my life for that which can be of good will”.
Happiness is never something you get form other people. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you are able to give.
After my reading this article I ended up with though each of us has romantic, beautiful “eros” love, but for the happy life we should discover and develop “agape” love-love that seeks nothing in return.
 
Kelly Bohler
Professor Sabir
Feb. 24,2010
Eng. 201A 10-11:50

I choosed whitney houstons "Greatest love of all" because it talks about how you can search for your True love but the
most genuwine and greatest love of all starts within yourself and how you should never loose your dignity even if you fail and she also talks about children how we should teach the children of the future to love themselves and to lead the way and never stop striving.

the lyrics are below.

"Greatest Love Of All"

I believe the children are our are future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone to fulfill my needs
A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

[Chorus:]
I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

[Chorus]

And if by chance, that special place
That you've been dreaming of
Leads you to a lonely place
Find your strength in love
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?